Technical Reports from Institutions other than the U.S. Geological Survey
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K
L | M | O | P | R | S | T | U | V | W | Y
- Ackerman, J.T., Marvin-DiPasquale, M., Slotton, D., Herzog, M.P., and Eagles-Smith, C.A., 2011,
- The effects of wetland restoration on mercury bioaccumulation in the South Bay Salt Pond Restoration Project--Using the biosentinel toolbox to monitor changes across multiple habitats and spatial scales--2010 Annual Report to the Resources Legacy Fund, State Coastal Conservancy, and South Bay Salt Ponds Restoration Program: U.S.Geological Survey and University of California, 11 p.
- Aga, D.S., and Thurman, E.M., eds., 1997,
- Immunochemical technology for environmental applications: American Chemical Society ACS Symposium Series 657, 396 p.
- Bachman, L.J., Krantz, D.E., and Böhlke, J.K., 2002,
- Hydrogeologic framework, ground-water geochemistry and assessment of nitrogen yield from base flow in two agricultural watersheds, Kent County, Maryland: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency EPA/600/R-02/008, 93 p.
- Baker, R.J., 1995,
- In situ and on-site biodegradation of refined and fuel oils--A review of technical literature 1988-1991: American Petroleum Institute publication number 4627, 146 p.
- Battaglin, W.A., 1993,
- Use of volume modelling techniques to estimate agricultural chemical mass in groundwater, Minnesota, USA, in Kovar, K., and Nachtnebel, H., eds., Application of Geographic Information Systems in Hydrology and Water Resources Management: International Association of Hydrological Sciences, IAHS Publication No. 211, p. 591-599.
- Bekins, B.A., Cozzarelli, I.M., Warren, E., and Godsy, E.M., 2002,
- Microbial ecology of a crude-oil contaminated aquifer, in Thornton, S.F., and Oswald, S.E., eds., Natural and Enhanced Restoration of Groundwater Pollution: International Association of Hydrological Sciences IAHS Red Book Series 275, p. 57-63.
- Biochemielab, and Bianchi, F., 2006,
- Studio del trasporto di massa del fiume Merse nel tratto tra il fosso di Ribudelli e le Vene di Ciciano, eseguito con il metodo dell'immissione continuativa di un tracciante ed il campionamento sinottico: Firenze, Italia, Geosciences, 28 p.
- Böhlke, J.K., and Coplen, T.B., 1995,
- Interlaboratory comparison of reference materials for nitrogen-isotope-ratio measurements--Reference and intercomparison materials for stable isotopes of light elements, in IAEA, ed., IAEA TECDOC 825, p. 51-66.
- Boyer, E.W., McKnight, D.M., Bencala, K.E., Brooks, P.D., Anthony, M.W., Zellweger, G.W., and Harnish, R.E., 1999,
- Streamflow and water quality characteristics for the Upper Snake River and Deer Creek Catchments in Summit County, Colorado--Water years 1980 to 1990: Institute of Arctic and Alpine Research, University of Colorado Occasional Paper 53, 81 p (+ diskett).
- CENR, 2000,
- Integrated assessment of hypoxia in the northern Gulf of Mexico: National Science and Technology Council Committee on Environment and Natural Resources, Washington, D.C., 58 p.
- Centers for Disease Control, 2000,
- Sampling protocol to assess and monitor off-farm transport of waste-associated chemical and microbial constituents on swine feeding operations: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Environmental Health, Division of Environmental Hazards and Health Effects, Health Studies Branch, Atlanta, GA, 50 p.
- Chapelle, F.H., and Widdowson, M.A., 2011,
- Modeling the rate and transport of polyaromatic hydrocarbons in the saturated zone, Grand Isle, Louisiana--Annex D: SEAM-3D Model--Summary report for fate and effects of remnant oil remaining in the beach environment--Prepared for: United States Coast Guard, Operational Science Advisory Team-2, 14 p.
- Christenson, S.C., Parkhurst, D.L., and Fairchild, R.W., 1994,
- Geohydrology and water quality of the Roubidoux Aquifer, northeastern Oklahoma: Oklahoma Geological Survey Circular 96, 70 p.
- Clebsch, A., Jr., 1968,
- Geology and hydrology of a proposed site for burial of solid radioactive waste southeast of Beatty, Nye County, Nevada, in Morton, R.J., ed., Land burial of solid radioactive wastes--Study of commercial operations and facilities: Atomic Energy Commission, Report WASH-1143, p. 70-100.
- Cloern, J.E., Cole, B.E., Edmunds, J.L., Schraga, T.S., and Arnsberg, A., 2000,
- Patterns of water-quality variability in San Francisco Bay during the first six years of the RMP, 1993-1998, in 1998 Annual Report, San Francisco Estuary Regional Monitoring Program for Trace Substances: San Francisco, San Francisco Estuary Institute.
- Cloern, J.E., Jassby, A.D., Schraga, T.S., and Dallas, K.L., 2006,
- What is causing the phytoplankton increase in San Francisco Bay?, in The Pulse of the Estuary -- Monitoring and managing water quality in the San Francisco Estuary: Oakland, California, San Francisco Estuary Institute Annual Report 2006, p. 62-70.
- Cloern, J.E., Schraga, T.S., Lopez, C.B., and Labiosa, R., 2003,
- Lessons from monitoring water quality in San Francisco Bay, in The Pulse of the Estuary--Monitoring and Managing Contamination in the San Francisco Estuary: Oakland, California, San Francisco Estuary Institute SFEI Contribution 74, p. 15-20.
- Davis, J.A., Coston, J.A., Kent, D.B., Hess, K.M., Joye, J.L., Brienen, P., and Campo, K.W., 2001,
- Multispecies reactive tracer test in a sand and gravel aquifer, Cape Cod, Massachusetts-Part II. Transport of chromium(VI) and lead-, copper-, and zinc-EDTA tracers: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Research and Development EPA/600/R-01/007b, 47 p.
- Davis, J.A., and Curtis, G.P., 2003,
- Application of surface complexation modeling to describe uranium (VI) adsorption and retardation at the uranium mill tailings site at Naturita, Colorado: U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission Report NUREG CR-6820.
- Davis, J.A., Fuller, C.C., Coston, J.A., Hess, K.M., and Dixon, E., 1993,
- Spatial heterogeneity of geochemical and hydrologic parameters affecting metal transport in ground water: Office of Research and Development, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Environmental Research Brief EPA/600/S-93/006, 22 p.
- Davis, J.A., Hess, K.M., Coston, J.A., Kent, D.B., Joye, J.L., Brienen, P., and Campo, K.W., 2001,
- Multispecies reactive tracer test in a sand and gravel aquifer, Cape Cod, Massachusetts--Part I. Experimental design and transport of bromide and nickel-EDTA tracers: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Research and Development EPA/600/R-01/007a, 38 p.
- Davis, S.N., and Nordstrom, D.K., 1992,
- Hydrogeochemical investigations in boreholes at the Stripa mine (Sweden): Stripa Project Technical Report 92-19, 178 p.
- Day-Lewis, F.D., Johnson, C.D., Slater, L.D., Robinson, J.L., Williams, J.H., Boyden, C.L., Werkema, D., and Lane, J.W., Jr., 2015,
- The Fractured Rock Geophysical Toolbox Method Selection Tool (FRGT-MST) v1.0: Software Release 06 January 2016 (More information on the FRGT-MST tool).).
- Densmore, J.N., and Böhlke, J.K., 2000,
- Use of nitrogen isotopes to determine sources of nitrate contamination in two desert basins in California, in Reichard, E.G., Hauchman, F.S., and Sancha, A.M., eds., Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Drinking Water Risk Assessment and Management: International Association of Hydrological Sciences Publication 260, p. 63-73.
- Dwyer, F.J., Burch, S.A., and Ingersoll, C.G., 1990,
- Investigtions on the combined toxicity of trace elements and salinity to aquatic organisms at Stillwater Wildlife Management Area: Columbia, Mo., U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service final report, 28 p.
- Envirologic Systems Inc., 1983,
- Mining activities and water-quality report: Florence, Arizona, Central Arizona Association of Governments Mineral Extraction Task Force Report METF7, 142 p.
- Finger, S.E., Olson, S.J., and Livingston, A.C., 1989,
- On-site toxicity of irrigation drainwater from Stillwater National Wildlife Refuge to aquatic organisms: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service 1988 Progress Report, 58 p.
- Foreman, W.T., Gray, J.L., ReVello, R.C., Lindley, C.E., and Losche, S.A., 2013,
- An isotope-dilution standard GC/MS/MS method for steroid hormones in water (Chapter 4), in Cobb, G.P., and Smith, P.N., eds., Evaluating Veterinary Pharmaceutical Behavior in the Environment: Washington, D.C., American Chemical Society 1126, p. 57-136.
- Foster, J.B., and Goolsby, D.A., 1972,
- Construction of waste-injection monitor wells near Pensacola, Florida: Florida Bureau of Geology Information Circular 74, 34 p.
- Fuller, C.C., and Akstin, K.C., 2014,
- Laboratory studies of biostimulated uranium reduction by ISR aquifer sediments and suboxic remobilization of sequestered uranium (Chapter 3), in Yabusaki, S.B., and others, eds., Assessing the Potential for Biorestoration of Uranium In Situ Recovery Sites: U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission NUREG/CR-7167.
- Fuller, C.C., Johnson, K.J., Akstin, K.C., Singer, D.M., Yabusaki, S.B., Fang, Y., and Fuhrmann, M., 2014,
- Uranium sequestration during biostimulated reduction and in response to the return of oxic conditions in shallow aquifers: U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission NUREG/CR-7178.
- Furlong, E.T., Gray, J.L., Quanrud, D.M., Teske, S.E., Esposito, K., Marine, J., Ela, W.P., Phillips, P.J., Kolpin, D.W., and Stinson, B., 2010,
- Fate of estrogenic compounds during municipal sludge stabilization and dewatering: Water Environment Research Foundation Final Project Report No. 04-HHE-6, 178 p.
- Garabedian, S.P., Gelhar, L.W., and Celia, M.A., 1988,
- Large-scale dispersive transport in aquifers--Field experiments and reactive transport theory: Cambridge, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Civil Engineering, Ralph M. Parsons Laboratory Hydrology and Water Resources Systems Report No. 315, 290 p.
- Geier, J., Voss, C.I., and Dverstorp, B., 2003,
- Conceptual uncertainty in crystalline bedrock--Is simple evaluation the only practical approach?, in Kovar, K., and Hrkal, Z., eds., Calibration and Reliability in Groundwater Modelling--A Few Steps Closer to Reality: IAHS publication 277, p. 296-302.
- Glassmeyer, S.T., Furlong, E.T., and Kolpin, D.W., 2009,
- Prevalence of emerging contaminants in drinking water across the United States: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Science Brief, June 2009, 1 p.
- Godsy, E.M., Warren, E., and Westjohn, D.B., 2001,
- Methanogenic biodegradation of charcoal production wastes in groundwater at Kingsford, Michigan, USA: International Association of Hydrologic Sciences Publication No. 269, 303-309 p.
- Goode, D.J., and Konikow, L.F., 1990,
- Re-evaluation of large-scale dispersivities for a waste chloride plume--Effects of transient flow, in Kovar, K., ed., Model CARE 90--Calibration and reliability in groundwater modeling: International Association of Hydrological Sciences 195, p. 417-426.
- Goolsby, D.A., 1972,
- Geochemical effects and movement of injected industrial waste in a limestone aquifer: American Association of Petroleum Geologists Memoir 18, 355-368 p.
- Goolsby, D.A., Battaglin, W.A., Lawrence, G.B., Artz, R.S., Aulenbach, B.T., Hooper, R.P., Keeney, D.R., and Stensland, G.J., 1999,
- Flux and sources of nutrients in the Mississippi-Atchafalaya River Basin--Topic 3, Report for the integrated assessment on hypoxia in the Gulf of Mexico: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration NOAA Coastal Ocean Program Decision Analysis Series No. 17, 129 p.
- Granato, G.E., Konikow, L.F., and Srinivasan, P., 1993,
- PREMOC (version 4.0), A preprocessor for the two-dimensional method of characteristics (MOC) solute-transport model: International Ground Water Modeling Center Report FOS 23, 22 p.
- Harvey, R.W., 1989,
- Transport of bacteria in a contaminated aquifer, in McCarthy, J.F., and Wobber, F.J., eds., Mobility of colloidal particles in the subsurface--Chemistry and hydrology of colloid-aquifer interactions: Washington, U.S. Department of Energy Report DOE/ER-0425, p. 72-76.
- Hatfield, K., 2015,
- Demonstration and validation of a fractured rock passive flux meter--Final report: Strategic Environmental Research and Development Program (SERDP), Environmental Security Technology Certification Program (ESTCP) Report ER-200831, 194 p (ER-200831 information Web page).
- Hatzinger, P.B., Böhlke, J.K., Sturchio, N.C., and Gu, B., 2011,
- Guidance manual for forensic analysis of perchlorate in groundwater using chlorine and oxygen isotopic analyses: Environmental Security Technology Certification Program Guidance Document ESTCP Project ER-200509, 99 p.
- Hess, K.M., and Wolf, S.H., 1991,
- Techniques to determine spatial variations in hydraulic conductivity of sand and gravel: Ada, Okla., R.S. Kerr Environmental Research Laboratory, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Project Report EPA/600/2-91/006, 26 p.
- Hess, K.M., Wolf, S.H., Celia, M.A., and Garabedian, S.P., 1991,
- Macrodispersion and spatial variability of hydraulic conductivity in a sand and gravel aquifer, Cape Cod, Massachusetts: Ada, Okla., Robert S. Kerr Environmental Research Laboratory, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Environmental Research Brief EPA/600/M-91/005, 9 p.
- Hladik, M., 2007,
- Methods development for the analysis of pyrethroid pesticides in environmental samples--Final Report for CALFED, Recipient Agreement No. ERP-02-P42: CALFED Final Report ERP-02-P42.
- Hornberger, G.Z., Konikow, L.F., and Sanford, W.E., 1995,
- PREDENSE--A preprocessor for the variable-density method of characteristics (MOCDENSE) solute-transport model: International Ground Water Modeling Center Report FOS 36A, 19 p.
- Hruby, C.E., Libra, R.D., Fields, C.L., Kolpin, D.W., Hubbard, L.E., Borchardt, M.R., Spencer, S.K., Wichman, M.D., Hall, N., Schueller, M.D., Furlong, E.T., and Weyer, P.J., 2015,
- 2013 survey of Iowa groundwater and evaluation of public well vulnerability classifications for contaminants of emerging concern: Iowa Geological and Water Survey Technical Information Series 57, 91 p.
- Hubble, D.W., and Gillham, R.W., 2001,
- Deep granular iron permeable reactive barrier field demonstration at Massachusetts Military Reservation, final report: Waterloo, Ontario, University of Waterloo, Dept. of Earth Sciences, Institute for Groundwater Research, 134 p.
- Humes, K.S., Kustas, W.P., Keefer, T.O., Goodrich, D.C., and Stannard, D.I., 1993,
- Chapter XI. Ground-based optical remote sensing measurements, in Jackson, T.J., and Schiebe, F.R., eds., Hydrology Data Report--Washita '92: Agricultural Research Service National Agricultural Water Quality Laboratory Report 93-1, p. XI1-XI3.
- Imbrigiotta, T.E., Gibs, J., Fusillo, T.V., Kish, G.R., and Hochreiter, J.J., 1988,
- Field evaluation of seven sampling devices for purgeable organic compounds in ground water, in Collins, A.G., and Johnson, A.J., eds., Ground-water contamination--Field methods: Philadelphia, American Society for Testing and Materials, ASTM Special Technical Publication 963, p. 258-273.
- Imhoff, E.A., 1991,
- Notes and suggestions on managing an interdisciplinary program in an interagency setting: Department of the Interior National Irrigation Water Quality Program Information Report 1, 48 p.
- Ingersoll, C.G., Dwyer, F.J., Nelson, M.K., Burch, S.A., and Buckler, D.A., 1988,
- Whole effluent toxicity of agricultural irrigation water entering Stillwater National Wildlife Refuge, NV--Acute toxicity studies with fish and invertebrates: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 16 p.
- Johnson, P.C., Baehr, A.L., Brown, R.A., Hinchee, R., and Hoag, G.E., 1994,
- Vacuum vapor extraction, in Anderson, W.C., ed., Innovative site remediation technology: American Academy of Environmental Engineers Monograph Series v. 8, p. 224.
- Katz, B.G., Hornsby, H.D., and Böhlke, J.K., 1999,
- Sources of nitrate in water from springs and the Upper Floridan aquifer, Suwannee River basin, Florida, in Heathwaite, L., ed., Impacts of Land-Use Change on Nutrient Loads from Diffuse Sources: International Association of Hydrological Sciences Publication 257, p. 117-124.
- Kaufman, M.I., 1973,
- Subsurface wastewater injection, Florida: American Society of Civil Engineers Proceedings Paper 9598, v. 99, no. IR1, 53-70 p.
- Kharaka, Y.K., Law, L.M., Carothers, W.W., and Goerlitz, D.F., 1986,
- Role of organic species dissolved in formation waters in mineral diagenesis, in Gautier, ed., Special volume on Role of organic matter in mineral diagenesis: Society of Economic Paleontologists and Minerologists Special Publication 38, p. 111-112.
- Kile, D.E., and Chiou, C.T., 1989,
- Water solubility enhancements of nonionic organic contaminants by dissolved humic substances, in Suffet, I.H., and MacCarthy, P., eds., Influence of aquatic humic substances on the fate and treatment of pollutants: Washington, D.C., American Chemical Society Advances in Chemistry Series 219, p. 131-157.
- Kimmerer, W., Brown, L., Culberson, S., Moyle, P., Nobriga, M., and Thompson, J., 2008,
- Aquatic ecosystems, in Healey, M.C., Dettinger, M.D., and Norgaard, R.B., eds., The State of Bay-Delta Science, 2008: Sacramento, Calif., CALFED Science Program, p. 73-102.
- Konikow, L.F., 1996,
- Numerical models of groundwater flow and transport, in Manual on Mathematical Models in Isotope Hydrogeology: Vienna, Austria, International Atomic Energy Agency IAEA-TECDOC-910, p. 59-112.
- Kumar, A., Williams, M., Woods, M., Kookana, R., Barber, L., Vajda, A., Doan, H., Gregg, A., Gonzago, D., and Bain, P., 2012,
- Treated effluent in the aquatic environment--Impact assessment of endocrine disrupting chemicals: CSIRO Water for a Healthy Country National Research Flagship Report Series ISSN:1835-095X, 286 p.
- Kwicklis, E., Wolfsberg, A., Stauffer, P., Walvoord, M., and Sully, M., 2006,
- Numerical evaluation of liquid and vapor fluxes at the Nevada Test Site Area 3 radioactive-waste management site using hydrologic data and natural environmental tracers: Los Alamos National Laboratory Report.
- Lahvis, M.A., and Rehmann, L.C., 2000,
- Simulation of transport of methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE) to groundwater from small volume releases of gasoline in the vadose zone: American Petroleum Institute Soil and Groundwater Research Bulletin 10, 8 p.
- Lamb, J.A., Anderson, J.L., Dowdy, R.H., Delin, G.N., Ault, K., Onken, D., Landon, M., and Giebink, B., 1993,
- Northern cornbelt sand plains Management Systems Evaluation Area, Princeton, Minn., in Field Research in Soil Science 1993: St. Paul, Minnesota, Minnesota Agricultural Experimental Station, University of Minnesota Miscellaneous Publication 79-1993, No. 136, p. 220-225.
- Landa, E.R., 2006,
- From agricultural geology to hydropedology--Forging links within the twenty-first-century geoscience community: Geological Society (London) Special Publication, v. 266, 133-140 p (DOI:10.1144/GSL.SP.2006.266.01.11).
- Langevin, C., Sanford, W., Polemio, M., and Povinec, P., 2007,
- Background and summary--A new focus on groundwater--Seawater interactions, in Sanford, W., Langevin, C., Polemio, M., and Povinec, P., eds., A New Focus on Groundwater-Seawater Interactions: IAHS-AISH Publication 312, p. 3-10 (pdf).
- Lebrón, C., Phelan, D., Heron, G., LaChance, J., Nielsen, S.G., Kueper, B., Rodriguez, D., Wemp, A., Baston, D., Lacombe, P., and Chapelle, F.H., 2013,
- Dense non aqueous phase liquid (DNAPL) removal from fractured rock using thermal conductive heating (TCH): Environmental Security Technology Certification Program ESTCP Final Report ER200715, 427 p.
- Lindsay, S.S., and Baedecker, M.J., 1988,
- Determination of aqueous sulfide in contaminated and natural water using the methylene blue method, in Collins, A.G., and Johnson, A.I., eds., Ground-water contamination--Field Methods: American Society for Testing and Materials Special Technical Publication 963, p. 349-357.
- Looney, B.B., Early, T.O., Gilmore, T., Chapelle, F.H., Cutshall, N.H., Ross, J., Ankeny, M., Heitkamp, M., Major, D., Newell, C.J., Waugh, W.J., Wein, G., Vangelas, K.M., Adams, K.M., and Sink, C.H., 2006,
- Advancing the science of natural and enhanced attenuation for chlorinated solvents--Final technical document for the monitored natural attenuation and enhanced attenuation for chlorinated solvents project: Washington Savannah River Company WSRC-STI-2006-00377, 79 p.
- Luoma, S., Anderson, S., Bergamaschi, B., Holm, L., Ruhl, C., Schoellhamer, D., and Stewart, R., 2008,
- Water quality, in Healey, M.C., Dettinger, M.D., and Norgaard, R.B., eds., The State of Bay-Delta Science, 2008: Sacramento, Calif., CALFED Science Program, p. 55-72.
- Luoma, S., Healey, M., Culberson, S., Shlemon, R., and Roos, M., 2008,
- Integration among issues of water and environmental management, in Healey, M.C., Dettinger, M.D., and Norgaard, R.B., eds., The State of Bay-Delta Science, 2008: Sacramento, Calif., CALFED Science Program, p. 139-154.
- McBride, G.B., Vant, W.N., Cloern, J.E., and Liley, J.B., 1993,
- Development of a model of phytoplankton blooms in Manukau Harbour: National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research Ecosystems Publication 3, 52 p.
- Meyer, F.W., 1974,
- Evaluation of hydraulic characteristics of a deep artesian aquifer from natural water-level fluctuations, Miami, Florida: Florida Bureau of Geology Report of Investigations 75, 32 p.
- Meyer, M.T., and Thurman, E.M., eds., 1996,
- Herbicide metabolites in surface water and groundwater: American Chemical Society ACS Symposium Series 630, 318 p.
- Meyer, P.D., Rockhold, M.L., Nichols, W.E., and Gee, G.W., 1996,
- Hydrologic evaluation methodology for estimating water movement through the unsaturated zone at commercial low-level radioactive waste disposal sites: U.S. Nuclear Regulatory commission NUREG/CR-6346, PNL-10843, 102 p.
- Michel, R.L., Izbicki, J.A., McMahon, P.B., and Stonestrom, D.A., 2009,
- Use of isotopes for the study of pollutant behaviour in the unsaturated zone at three semi-arid sites in the USA, in Aggarwal, P.K., and Kulkarni, K.M., eds., Application of Isotopes to the Assessment of Pollutant Behaviour in the Unsaturated Zone for Groundwater Protection: Vienna, Austria, International Atomic Energy Agency, IAEA-TECDOC-1618, p. 205-218.
- Michel, R.L., Silva, S.R., Bemis, B., Godsy, E.M., and Westjohn, D.B., 2001,
- Compound-specific carbon isotope analysis of a contaminant plume in Kingsford, Michigan, USA: International Association of Hydrologic Sciences Publication No. 269, 311-316 p.
- Miller, J.A., 1979,
- Potential subsurface zones for liquid-waste storage in Florida: Florida Department of Natural Resources, Map Series 94, 1 sheet, scale 1:2,000,000.
- Ortiz, R.F., von Guerard, P.B., and Walton-Day, K., 1995,
- Effect of a localized rainstorm on the water quality of the Alamosa River upstream from Terrace Reservoir, south-central Colorado, August 9-10, 1993, in Posey, H.H., Pendleton, J.A., and Van Zyl, D., eds., Colorado Geological Survey Summitville Forum '95: Colorado Geological Survey Special Publication 38, p. 178-182.
- Paillet, F.L., 2001,
- Numerical inversion of borehole flow logs--Proceedings of the symposium on the Application of Geophysics to Engineering and Environmental Problems, Denver, Colorado, March 4-7, 2001: Environmental and Engineering Geophysical Society paper BHL-1.
- Pennington, J.C., Thorn, K.A., Cox, L.G., MacMillan, D.K., Yost, S., and Laubscher, R.D., 2007,
- Photochemical degradation of composition B and its components: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Research and Development Center ERDC/EL TR-07-16.
- Pennington, J.C., Thorn, K.A., Gunnison, D., McFarland, V.A., Thorne, P.G., Inouye, L.S., Fredrickson, H., Leggett, D.C., Ringleberg, D., Jarvis, A.S., Felt, D.R., Lutz, C.H., Hayes, C.A., Clark, J.U., Richmond, M., O'Neal, B., and Porter, B.E., 1998,
- Explosives conjugation products in remediation matrices--Interim report 2: U.S.Army Engineer Waterways Experiment Station Technical Report SERDP-98-12.
- Pennington, J.C., Thorn, K.A., Hayes, C.A., Porter, B.E., and Kennedy, K.R., 2003,
- Immobilization of 2,4- and 2,6-dinitrotoluenes in soils and compost: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Engineer Research and Development Center, Vicksburg, Mississippi ERDC/EL TR-03-2, 43 p.
- Pennington, J.C., Thorn, K.A., Inouye, L.S., McFarland, V.A., Jarvis, A.S., Lutz, C.H., Hayes, C.A., and Porter, B.E., 1999,
- Explosives conjugation products in remediation matrices--Final report: U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center Technical Report SERDP-99-4.
- Peterson, D., Smith, R., Hager, S., Cayan, D., and Dettinger, M., 2004,
- Air temperature and snowmelt discharge characteristics, Merced River at Happy Isles, Central Sierra Nevada, in Dettinger, M., ed., Twentieth annual Pacific Climate (PACLIM) Workshop: Interagency Ecological Program for the Sacramento-San Joaquin Estuary Technical Report 72, 53-64 p.
- Peterson, D.H., Cayan, D.R., Smith, R.E., Dettinger, M.D., and Riddle, L.G., 2002,
- Retrospective appraisal of the 2000 maximum flow forecasts: California Applications Program, Scripps Institute of Oceanography.
- Plummer, L.N., Sanford, W.E., Bexfield, L.M., Anderholm, S.K., and Busenberg, E., 2004,
- Using geochemical data and aquifer simulation to characterize recharge and groundwater flow in the Middle Rio Grande Basin, New Mexico, in Hogan, J.F., Phillips, F.M., and Scanlon, B.R., eds., Groundwater Recharge in a Desert Environment--The Southwestern United States: Washington, D.C., American Geophysical Union Water Science and Application Series, volume 9, p. 185-216.
- Presser, T.S., and Luoma, S.N., 2007,
- Forecasting selenium discharges to the San Francisco Bay-Delta Estuary--Ecological effects of a proposed San Luis Drain extension: Professional Paper 1646, 196 p.
- Price, V., Temples, T., Hodges, R., Dai, Z., Watkins, D., and Imrich, J., 2007,
- Integrated ground-water monitoring strategy for NRC-licensed facilities and sites--Case study applications: U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission NUREG/CR-6948.
- Provost, A.M., Payne, D.F., and Voss, C.I., 2006,
- Simulation of saltwater movement in the Upper Floridan Aquifer in the Savannah, Georgia-Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, area, predevelopment-2004, and projected movement for 2000 pumping conditions: Scientific Investigations Report 2006-5058, 124 p.
- Puls, R.W., Eychaner, J.H., and Powell, R.M., 1990,
- Colloidal-facilitated transport of inorganic contaminants in ground water--Pt. I, Sampling considerations: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Environmental Research Brief EPA 600/M-90/023, 11 p.
- Puri, H.S., and Winston, G.O., 1974,
- Geologic framework of the high transmissivity zones in south Florida: Florida Bureau of Geology Special Publication 20, 101 p.
- Risser, D.W., Williams, J.H., Hand, K.L., Behr, R.-A., and Markowski, A.K., 2013,
- Geohydrologic and water-quality characterization of a fractured-bedrock test hole in an area of Marcellus Shale gas development, Bradford County, Pennsylvania: Pennsylvania Geological Survey 4th ser., Open-File Report OFMI 13-01.1 (4 appendices).
- Runkel, R.L., and Broshears, R.L., 1992,
- One-dimensional transport with inflow and storage (OTIS)--A solute transport model for small streams: Boulder, Colo., CADSWES, 1 p.
- Sanford, W., Langevin, C., Polemio, M., and Povinec, P., 2007,
- Preface, in Sanford, W., Langevin, C., Polemio, M., and Povinec, P., eds., A New Focus on Groundwater-Seawater Interactions: IAHS-AISH Publication 312 (pdf).
- Sanford, W.E., and Pope, J.P., 2007,
- A simulation of groundwater discharge and nitrate delivery to chesapeake bay from the lowermost delmarva peninsula, USA, in Sanford, W., Langevin, C., Polemio, M., and Povinec, P., eds., A New Focus on Groundwater-Seawater Interactions: IAHS-AISH Publication 312, p. 326-333 (pdf).
- Schaefer, C., Towne, R., Lippincott, D., and Dong., H., 2015,
- Coupled diffusion and reaction processes in rock matrices--Impact on dilute groundwater plumes: Strategic Environmental Research and Development Program (SERDP) SERDP Project ER-1685, 116 p.
- Singha, K., 2003,
- Scanning the earth to help predict the movement of contaminants in groundwater: Stanford University Stanford Earth Sciences Report Fall 2003, 4 p.
- Smith, P.E., Oltmann, R.N., and Smith, L.H., 1995,
- Summary report on the interagency hydrodynamic study of San Francisco Bay-Delta Estuary, California: California Department of Water Resources Interagency Ecological Program for the Sacramento-San Joaquin Estuary Technical Report HYDRO-IATR/95-45, 72 p.
- Stannard, D.I., Kustas, W.P., Allwine, K.J., and Anderson, D.E., 1993,
- Chapter V., Micrometeorological data collection, in Jackson, T.J., and Schiebe, F.R., eds., Hydrology Data Report--Washita '92: Agricultural Research Service National Agricultural Water Quality Laboratory Report 93-1, p. V1-V11.
- Stephens, D.W., and Waddell, B., 1989,
- Selenium contamination from irrigation drainage in the Western United States with emphasis on Utah, in Geology and hydrology of hazardous-waste, mining-waste, waste-water, and repository sites in Utah: Utah Geological Association 17, p. 165-181.
- Swanson, G.A., Winter, T.C., and Adomaitis, V.A., 1988,
- Chemical characteristics of prairie lakes in south-central North Dakota--Their potential for influencing use by fish and wildlife: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Technical Report 18, 44 p.
- Thompson, J., Hieb, K., McGourty, K., Cosentio-Manning, N., Wainwright-De La Cruz, S., Elliot, M., and Allen, S., 2007,
- Habitat type and associated biological assemblages--Soft bottom substrate, in Schaeffer, K., McGourty, K., and Cosentio-Manning, N., eds., Report on the Subtidal Habitats and Associated Biological Taxa in San Francisco Bay: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, p. 18-23.
- Thompson, J.K., and Parchaso, F., 2012,
- Conceptual model for Potamocorbula amurensis, in Delta Regional Ecosystem Restoration Implementation Plan (DRERIP) Conceptual Models: Sacramento, Calif., California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Ecosystem Restoration Program.
- Thorn, K.A., 1998,
- 15N NMR studies on the covalent binding of the reductive degradative products of TNT to humic substances, model compounds, and peat, in Pennington, J.C., and others, eds., Explosives conjugation products in remediation matrices, Interim Report 2, Chapter 2: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Technical Report SERDP-98-12, p. 7-37.
- Thurman, E.M., and Field, J., 1989,
- Separation of humic substances and anionic surfactants from ground water by selective adsorption, in Suffet, I.H., and MacCarthy, P., eds., Aquatic humic substances--Influence on fate and treatment of pollutants: Washington, D.C., American Chemical Society Advances in Chemistry Series 219, p. 108-114.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 2010,
- National lakes assessment--A collaborative survey of the Nation's lakes: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Water and Office of Research and Development EPA 841-R-09-001.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Modeling Project Subcommittee (Science Advisory Board), 1993,
- Review of the assessment framework for ground-water model applications: Environmental Protection Agency, 12 p.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Geological Survey, and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 2012,
- Toxic contaminants in the Chesapeake Bay and its watershed--Extent and severity of occurrence and potential biological effects--Technical Report--December, 2012: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Chesapeake Bay Program Office, 175 p.
- Vowinkel, E.F., and Battaglin, W.A., 1988,
- Hydrogeologic, well-construction, and land-use factors that can affect the evaluation of regional ground-water quality, in Regional characterization of water quality: International Association of Hydrological Sciences Publication 182, p. 69-77.
- Waddill, D.W., and Widdowson, M.A., 1997,
- SEAM3D--A numerical model for three-dimensional solute transport and sequential electron acceptor-based bioremediation in groundwater: Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Final Technical Report, prepared for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, 336-344 p.
- Ward, E.C., and Walton-Day, K., 1995,
- Seasonal variation in water quality on Wightman Fork of the Alamosa River, 1993: Colorado Geological Survey Special Publication 38, 183-190 p.
- Watada, M., 1997,
- Natural denitrification in a sewage contaminant plume, Cape Cod, Massachusetts: University of Colorado at Boulder, Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering unpublished project report, variously p.
- White, A.F., 1995,
- Application of mineral surface area to environmental problems, in Reviews in Geophysics Supplement to U.S. National Report to International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics.
- Wiedemeier, T.H., Swanson, M.A., Moutoux, D.E., Gordon, E.K., Wilson, J.T., Wilson, B.H., Kampbell, D.H., Haas, P.E., Miller, R.N., Hansen, J.E., and Chapelle, F.H., 1998,
- Technical protocol for evaluating natural attenuation of chlorinated solvents in ground water: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Office of Research and Development: EPA/600/R-98/128.
- Williams, J.H., Risser, D.W., and Dodge, C.M., 2015,
- Geohydrologic and water-quality characterization of a fractured-bedrock test hole in an area of Marcellus shale gas development, Tioga County, Pennsylvania: Pennsylvania Geological Survey 4th ser., Open-File Miscellaneous Investigations OFMI 15–24.0 (plus supplemental information in a ZIP file).
- Wood, W.W., 1990,
- Case study--Solution and piping development of playa-lake basins on the Llano Estacado of Texas and New Mexico, in Higgins, C., ed., Groundwater geomorphology: Geological Society of America Special Paper 252, p. 101-110.
- Yabusaki, S.B., Fang, Y., Waichler, S.R., Fuller, C.C., Akstin, K., Long, P.E., and Fuhrmann, M., 2014,
- Assessing the potential for biorestoration of uranium in situ recovery sites: U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K
L | M | O | P | R | S | T | U | V | W | Y
There are 118 Reports (non-USGS) in the bibliography.
The above list is sorted by author. The Toxics Bibliographic Data Base was last updated on 5/26/16.
| Sorted by Author | Sort by Year | Sort by Title | Only On-Line Reports | Search |
The page either contains links to .pdf files or links to non-USGS pages that might have links to .pdf files. .pdf files can be viewed with Adobe Reader®.
You can download Adobe Reader® for free.
This page contains links to Microsoft Office© files (.doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, or xlsx). For users that do not have Microsoft Office© installed on their
computer system, free viewers and converters are available for Windows© systems that allows users to open, view, and print these files. Third party viewers are also available for other
operating systems (Mac OSX, UNIX, ...). The use of trade, product, or firm names here is for descriptive purposes only and does not imply endorsement by the U.S. Government or the U.S. Geological Survey.