Statistical Models and Analysis of Environmental Processes
- Lu, D., Ye, M., Hill, M.C., Poeter, E.P., and Curtis, G.P., 2014,
- A computer program for uncertainty analysis integrating regression and Bayesian methods: Environmental Modelling and Software, v. 60, p. 45-56, doi:10.1016/j.envsoft.2014.06.002.
- Jassby, A.D., and Cloern, J.E., 2010,
- R package wq0.2-2--Exploring water quality monitoring data--The Comprehensive R Archive Network, access date 5/31/2013,
- Antweiler, R.C., and Taylor, H.E., 2008,
- Evaluation of statistical treatments of left-censored environmental data using coincident uncensored data sets--I. Summary statistics: Environmental Science and Technology, v. 42, no. 10, p. 3,732-3,738, doi:10.1021/es071301c.
- Báez-Cazull, S.E., McGuire, J.T., Cozzarelli, I.M., and Voytek, M.A., 2008,
- Determination of dominant biogeochemical processes in a contaminated aquifer-wetland system using multivariate statistical analysis: Journal of Environmental Quality, v. 37, no. 1, p. 30-46, doi:10.2134/jeq2007.0169.
- Aulenbach, B.T., Buxton, H.T., Battaglin, W.A., and Coupe, R.H., 2007,
- Streamflow and nutrient fluxes of the Mississippi-Atchafalaya River Basin and subbasins for the period of record through 2005: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2007-1080 (On-line only).
- Maxwell, R.M., Welty, C., and Harvey, R.W., 2007,
- Revisiting the Cape Cod bacteria injection experiment using a stochastic modeling approach: Environmental Science and Technology, v. 41, no. 15, p. 5548-5558, doi:10.1021/es062693a.
- Tonkin, M.J., Tiedeman, C.R., Ely, D.M., and Hill, M.C., 2007,
- OPR-PPR, a computer program for assessing data importance to model predictions using linear statistics: U.S. Geological Survey Techniques and Methods, book 6, sec. E, chap. 2, 115 p.
- Battaglin, W.A., Ulery, R.L., Winterstein, T., and Welborn, T., 2003,
- Estimating the susceptibility of surface water in Texas to nonpoint-source contamination by use of logistic regression modeling: U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations Report 03-4205, 24 p.
- McIsaac, G.F., David, M.B., Gertner, G.Z., and Goolsby, D.A., 2002,
- Relating net nitrogen input in the Mississippi River Basin to nitrate flux in the Lower Mississippi River--A comparison of approaches: Journal of Environmental Quality, v. 31, no. 5, p. 1610-1622, doi:10.2134/jeq2002.1610.
- Boyle, T.P., and Gustina, G.W., 2000,
- A strategy for use of multivariate methods of analysis of benthic macroinvertebrate communities to assess mine-related ecological stress, in Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Acid Rock Drainage, Denver, Colorado, May 21-24, 2000: Littleton, Colo., Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration, p. 1425-1432.
- Cabaniss, S.E., Zhou, Q., Maurice, P.A., Chin, Y., and Aiken, G.R., 2000,
- A log-normal distribution model for the molecular weight of aquatic fulvic acids: Environmental Science and Technology, v. 34, no. 6, p. 1103-1109, doi:10.1021/es990555y.
- Niswonger, J., and Rupp, J., 2000,
- Monte Carlo analysis of streambed water flux rates, in Proceedings of the Riparian Ecology Management in Multi-land Use Watersheds, Portland, Oregon: American Water Resources Association, p. 161-166.
- Woodbury, A.D., and Rubin, Y., 2000,
- A full-Bayesian approach to parameter inference from tracer travel time moments and investigation of scale effects at the Cape Cod experimental site: Water Resources Research, v. 36, no. 1, p. 159-171, 1999WR900273, doi:10.1029/1999WR900273.
- Day-Lewis, F.D., Hsieh, P.A., Shapiro, A.M., and Gorelick, S.M., 1999,
- Geostatistical simulation of high-transmissivity zones at the Mirror Lake Site in New Hampshire--Conditioning to hydraulic information, in Morganwalp, D.W., and Buxton, H.T., eds., U.S. Geological Survey Toxic Substances Hydrology Program--Proceedings of the Technical Meeting, Charleston, South Carolina, March 8-12, 1999--Volume 3 of 3--Subsurface Contamination from Point Sources: U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations Report 99-4018C, p. 685-693.
- Konikow, L.F., and Ewing, R.C., 1999,
- Is a probabilistic performance assessment enough?: Ground Water, v. 37, no. 4, p. 481-482, doi:10.1111/j.1745-6584.1999.tb01127.x.
- Rehmann, L.L.C., Welty, C., and Harvey, R.W., 1999,
- Stochastic analysis of virus transport in aquifers: Water Resources Research, v. 35, no. 7, p. 1987-2006, 1999WR900059, doi:10.1029/1999WR900059.
- Battaglin, W.A., and Goolsby, D.A., 1998,
- Regression models of herbicide concentrations in outflow from reservoirs in the midwestern USA, 1992-1993: Journal of the American Water Resources Association, v. 34, no. 6, p. 1369-1390, doi:10.1111/j.1752-1688.1998.tb05438.x.
- Tiedeman, C.R., Kernodle, J.M., and McAda, D.P., 1998,
- Application of nonlinear regression methods to a ground-water flow model of the Albuquerque Basin, New Mexico: U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations Report 98-4172, 90 p.
- Battaglin, W.A., and Goolsby, D.A., 1997,
- Statistical modeling of agricultural chemical occurrence in midwestern rivers: Journal of Hydrology, v. 196, no. 1-4, p. 1-25, doi:10.1016/S0022-1694(97)00011-5.
- Battaglin, W.A., and Goolsby, D.A., 1996,
- Using GIS and logistic regression to estimate agricultural chemical concentrations in rivers of the midwestern USA, in Kovar, K., and Nachtnebel, H., eds., Application of Geographic Information Systems in Hydrology and Water Resources Management--Proceedings of HydroGIS'96 meeting, Vienna, Austria, April, 1996: International Association of Hydrological Sciences IAHS Publication No. 235, p. 253-260.
- Battaglin, W.A., and Goolsby, D.A., 1996,
- Using GIS and regression to estimate annual herbicide concentrations in outflow from reservoirs in the midwestern USA, 1992-93, in AWRA Symposium on GIS and Water Resources, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, September 22-26, 1996: American Water Resources Association.
- Battaglin, W.A., and Goolsby, D.A., 1996,
- Using GIS and regression to estimate annual herbicide concentrations in outflow from reservoirs in the midwestern USA, 1992-93, in Hallam, C.A., Salisbury, H.M., Lanfear, K.J., and Battaglin, W.A., eds., GIS and Water Resources--Proceedings of the American Water Resources Association: American Water Resources Association Technical Publication Series TPS-96-3, p. 89-98.
- Dillard, L.A., Essaid, H.I., and Herkelrath, W.N., 1996,
- Multiphase-flow modeling of the Bemidji, Minnesota crude-oil-spill site with geostatistical simulation of hydraulic properties, in Morganwalp, D.W., and Aronson, D.A., eds., U.S. Geological Survey Toxic Substances Hydrology Program--Proceedings of the technical meeting, Colorado Springs, Colorado, September 20-24, 1993: U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations Report 94-4015, v. 2, p. 679-688.
- Gelhar, L.W., 1996,
- Perspectives on field scale application of stochastic subsurface hydrology, in Subsurface Flow and Transport: The Stochastic Approach, Second IHP/IAHS George Kovacs Colloquium, Proceedings, Paris, France, January 26-28, 1995: Cambridge University Press/UNESCO.
- Liu, S., Yen, S., and Kolpin, D.W., 1996,
- Atrazine concentrations in near-surface aquifers--A censored regression approach: Journal of Environmental Quality, v. 25, no. 5, p. 992-999, doi:10.2134/jeq1996.00472425002500050010x.
- Naftz, D.L., 1996,
- Using Geochemical and Statistical Tools to Identify Irrigated Areas that Might Contain High Selenium Concentrations in Surface Water: U.S. Geological Survey Fact Sheet FS-O77-96, 4 p.
- Peterson, D.H., Cayan, D.R., Dettinger, M.D., Noble, M., Riddle, L.G., Schemel, L.E., Smith, R.E., Uncles, R.J., and Walters, R., 1996,
- San Francisco Bay salinity--Observations, numerical simulation, and statistical models, in Hollibaugh, J.T., ed., San Francisco Bay--The ecosystem: San Francisco, American Association for the Advancement of Science, Pacific Division, p. 9-34.
- Stackelberg, P.E., and Eckhardt, D.A.V., 1996,
- Modeling statistical relations among shallow ground-water quality, human activities, land use, and thickness of the unsaturated zone on Long Island, New York, in Morganwalp, D.W., and Aronson, D.A., eds., U.S. Geological Survey Toxic Substances Hydrology Program--Proceedings of the technical meeting, Colorado Springs, Colorado, September 20-24, 1993: U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations Report 94-4015, v. 2, p. 993-1000.
- Green, T.R., and Freyberg, D.L., 1995,
- State-dependent anisotrophy--Comparison of quasi-analytical solutions with stochastic results for steady gravity drainage: Water Resources Research, v. 31, no. 9, p. 2201-2212, 95WR00790, doi:10.1029/95WR00790.
- Deng, F.-W., Cushman, J.H., and Delleur, J.W., 1993,
- A fast Fourier transform stochastic analysis of the contaminant transport problem: Water Resources Research, v. 29, no. 9, p. 3241-3248, 93WR01236, doi:10.1029/93WR01236.
- Dillard, L.A., 1993,
- Multiphase flow modeling of a crude-oil spill site using geostatistical simulation of soil hydraulic properties: Stanford, Calif., Stanford University, M.S. thesis, 115 p.
- Miralles-Wilhelm, F., 1993,
- Stochastic analysis of sorption and biodegradation in three-dimensionally heterogeneous aquifers: Cambridge, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, unpublished Ph.D. thesis, 269 p.
- Thompson, K.D., 1993,
- The stochastic characterization of glacial aquifers using geologic information: Cambridge, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, unpublished Ph.D. thesis, 309 p.
- See, R.B., Naftz, D.L., and Qualls, C.L., 1992,
- GIS-assisted regression analysis to identify sources of selenium in streams: Water Resources Bulletin, v. 28, no. 2, p. 315-330, doi:10.1111/j.1752-1688.1992.tb03997.x.
- Stackelberg, P.E., and Siwiec, S.F., 1992,
- Evaluation of statistical models to predict chemical quality of shallow ground water in the pine barrens of Suffolk County, Long Island, New York: U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations Report 92-4100, 22 p.
- Garabedian, S.P., and LeBlanc, D.R., 1987,
- A natural-gradient tracer experiment to verify stochastic models of solute transport, Cape Cod, Massachusetts, in Proceedings of International Congress on Hazardous Materials Management, International Congress of Environmental Professionals, Chattanooga, Tennessee, June 8-12, 1987: Northbrook, Ill., Pudvan Publishing, p. 187-197.
- Troutman, B.M., and Williams, G.P., 1987,
- Fitting straight lines in the earth sciences, in Size, W.B., ed., Uses and misuses of statistical methods in the earth sciences: Oxford, Oxford University Press, International Association for Mathematical Geology, Studies in Mathematical Geology, No. 1, p. 107-128.
- Troutman, B.M., and Karlinger, M.R., 1986,
- Averaging properties of channel networks using methods in stochastic branching theory, in Gupta, V.K., Rodriguez-Iturbe, I., and Wood, E.F., eds., Scale problems in hydrology--Runoff generation and basin response, Symposium, Proceedings, Princeton, New Jersey, October 30-November 3, 1984: Dordrecht, Netherlands, D. Reidel Publishing Co., p. 185-216.
- Karlinger, M.R., and Troutman, B.M., 1985,
- Error bounds in cascading regressions: International Association of Mathematical Geology, v. 17, p. 287-295.
- Miller, T.L., and Gonthier, J.B., 1984,
- Oregon ground-water quality and its relation to hydrogeologic factors--A statistical approach: U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations Report 84-4242, 88 p.
There are 40 publications in this section of the bibliography.
The above list is sorted by publication year. The Toxics Bibliographic Data Base was last updated on 8/8/14.
| Sort by Author | Sorted by Year | Sort by Title | Sort by Publication Type | Only On-Line Reports | Search |
The page either contains links to .pdf files or links to non-USGS pages that might have links to .pdf files. .pdf files can be viewed with Adobe Reader®.
You can download Adobe Reader® for free.